Tuesday, January 19, 2010

What a day!

Working a nine-to-five (or 8-to-four-thirty for me) and trying to get a business off the ground is hard work! I mean, there are only so many hours in the day, right? Not to mention being a wife, mom, sister, daughter, friend... I often wonder how so many successful women manage it all! I'm certainly no Kelly Ripa, I assure you and who IS these days, really! But, I digress...

The workday was rather hectic which, of course, leads to a rather frazzled end-of-day-drive home during rush hour, which thankfully, Erasure's Greatest Hits helped me to get through. I'm sorry but you just can't get road rage when you're singing The Neverending Story at the top of your lungs, you just can't! But, again I'm pulled from my own wandering thoughts by my own... wandering... thoughts... Ah, yes... hectic workday that was not just productive for work's sake, it also brought with it, the lovely Jeff Herman's Guide to Book Publishers, Editors & Literary Agents. I love big books and I cannot lie! Seeing this behemoth of a book (at 1094 pages, it's rather well-endowed indeed) gave me goosebumps. All that power in my hands was rather heady! I've started categorizing my spreadsheet of contacts based on the information provided and updating contacts I already had information on. Totally excited!

Things I still need to do:
  1. Name the LLC. I'm tossing a few ideas in my head. Need to get them on paper.
  2. Work on company logo, design.
  3. Register EIN.
  4. Open bank account in company's name.
  5. Edit agreements and send off to lawyer for review.
  6. Buy Quickbooks for Mac.

I'm sure there are a million other things I still need to do but just have not been able to find time to get to but I will. Much of what I also want to do is research and reach out to people in the industry for advice. Especially since what I want to do, is rather different in today's pub market.