Tuesday, June 1, 2010

BOOK REVIEW: The Demon's Covenant (The Demon's Lexicon Trilogy, #2)

The Demon's Covenant (The Demon's Lexicon Trilogy, #2) The Demon's Covenant by Sarah Rees Brennan


My rating: 5 of 5 stars
This may sound like an odd review comment but I know I love a series when I can imagine fanfic written for it and sarah rees brennan's trilogy has me hooked, line and sinker! I laughed, I cried... I cried some more... I yelled at characters for doing stupid things... I laughed again and just when I thought I couldn't cry any more... yep... Niagara falls Frankie Angel!

Summary: The Demon's Covenant is the sequel to The Demon's Lexicon. Mae was always in control, but suddenly everyone she trusted is lying--and in danger.

What I liked about this book: I love that in the second installment of this amazing trilogy, the author decides to change the POV. The first book was written from Nick's POV and I just loved it! Was actually concerned that having the POV change to Mae in this one would pull me out of the series (or at least keep me less interested) but I had nothing to worry about. Brennan came through again!

This series reads very much like an M. Night Shyamalan movie script but... ten times better! I don't want to give too much away with this review because you really need to read it! Really! Can't wait to read the final installment and I wonder who the protag will be. I'm hoping it's Alan, to be honest but I wouldn't mind if it were Jamie's POV either.

Did I mention that I totally fell in love with this series? Yeah... now to wait for the final installment to be released.

View all my reviews >>