Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Raise Your Glass My Freaks

I love P!nk! I own every album and single she's released and when this song came out earlier this year, I made it mine and my family's anthem. We've always been the underdogs, the freaks in the family and the community with our open-minded way of thinking and liberal views on the world. My friends in high school were a ragtag group of misfits you'd see in a John Hughes film and I was proud to "run with" them. Band geeks, metal heads, closeted emo bois, pot heads, nerds mixed in with a few cheerleaders, the drum majors and a few Bible thumpers. I have always believed in liberty and justice and for all and my choice of friends reflect that. Hubby and I have raised our children the same way.

So when in last night's Glee episode, Kurt and Blaine shared their first kiss, all of my little freaks at home (we're damn proud to call ourselves as such) whooped and hollered! My youngest even had a little tear in his eye. He sees himself in Kurt, I think and it was just a beautiful moment.



So join us in our anthem bitches and RAISE! YOUR! GLASS!



"So Raise Your Glass if you are wrong in all the right ways, all my underdogs! We will never be, never be anything but LOUD and nitty gritty, dirty little freaks!"