Really? You're bored? Well, if you didn't stay up playing video games until 2 AM then woke at 2 PM to stare at the ceiling (which could use some dusting, just sayin') and actually did your chores on time, picked up a book, went outside (and take out the garbage while you're at it), you wouldn't be bored, son!
In the course of one day, I get more done than any of my teenagers (or husband) and I don't know if it's because I'm just a can't-sit-on-my-ass-all-day kind of person or if it's because they are! Either way, I know I've shared my workday with you before but today was all kinds of special in its ability to pack a whole lot of work in a short period of time.
- Attended three hour-long conference calls. Two which required me to actually pay attention!
- Washed, dried and folded two loads of laundry. Actually have to move third into the dryer, don't let me forget.
- Wrote two pitch proposals. Awesome proposals if I do say so myself.
- Spoke with two clients over the phone and nine via emails.
- Posted random Harry Potter Diagon Alley stuff to Facebook. Everyone needs a break, right?
- Answered discussion board questions for Writer Digest Boot Camp for two hours.
- Reviewed one query, synopsis and sample pages for a Brenda Novak auction winner.
- Made revisions on a client manuscript. (Just 230 pages left to go on that one!)
- Tested software systems for day job.
- Cleaned up server files for day job.
All while maintaining my level of awesome. I'm sure there was more but I can't remember it all right now. Right now, I'm thinking of dinner and wherefore art thou, dinner?