Bored... bored... bored

If you've submitted a query in the past month or so, you know I'm out of the office on medical leave. Had a hysterectomy in March and have been laid up (forced bed rest) since.

The entire experience has wreaked havoc in my life as I'm not one to sit idle and just... rest. My idea of resting (pre-surgery) was going through manuscripts on a Saturday while finishing several loads of laundry, cleaning the kitchen and talking clients down off the ledge. I realized, while being on bed rest the last three weeks, that I've forgotten how to rest. I mean, even while I was on my cruise last year, I was working so this forced bed rest has been very difficult for me.

I'm eager to return to the office in a few weeks and get back to work. In the meantime, I'm reading books I haven't had a chance to read and playing games on my iPad. In other words, I'm bored out of my ever-loving mind.

What do you do when you're on forced bed rest?

Comments

  1. I drink less and go find books and smoke cigars. Or I sit with my pipe and enjoy the silence, thinking about the pipe itself, the tobacco and the productive day...or I reflect on my failures to make sure I never do them again. Or that the lesson I have to learn isn't so hard...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've made a huge dent on my TBR pile including books I've had on my iPad since I bought it 2 years ago! LOL

      No drinking or smoking for me while I'm on pain meds but I don't really drink or smoke much either so that's not so bad. As long as I can keep drinking my coffee, I'm ok.

      I don't like to reflect on failures but I have been keeping my diary full of reflective thoughts on successes and positive thinking exercises. That has helped a bit.

      Delete
  2. When I was out ill for several months last year (gallbladder and hysterectomy - so I empathize) I spent a lot of time watching tv. After general anesthesia that was about all my brain was good for. Also played games on my laptop. I wish you a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's pretty much what I've spent doing during most of my recovery time. Have watched more TV in the past five weeks than I have in the past 3 years! LOL

      Delete
  3. Oh boy! Well I hope you're feeling better very very soon. I broke my wrist a few years back, and although not on bed rest, it was my right arm and there was very little I could do. What did I do on my forced bed rest... watched tv and cried... a lot.

    Boredom depresses the crap out of me ;)

    But that was a long time ago... now I would read a lot and probably learn to type with my left hand only and write.

    Hope the rest of your bed rest goes super fast. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fun Facts About Me

My Favorite Reads of 2021

I Failed the Goodreads Challenge in 2018