Monday, April 9, 2012

Bored... bored... bored

If you've submitted a query in the past month or so, you know I'm out of the office on medical leave. Had a hysterectomy in March and have been laid up (forced bed rest) since.

The entire experience has wreaked havoc in my life as I'm not one to sit idle and just... rest. My idea of resting (pre-surgery) was going through manuscripts on a Saturday while finishing several loads of laundry, cleaning the kitchen and talking clients down off the ledge. I realized, while being on bed rest the last three weeks, that I've forgotten how to rest. I mean, even while I was on my cruise last year, I was working so this forced bed rest has been very difficult for me.

I'm eager to return to the office in a few weeks and get back to work. In the meantime, I'm reading books I haven't had a chance to read and playing games on my iPad. In other words, I'm bored out of my ever-loving mind.

What do you do when you're on forced bed rest?