Blog Challenge #18: I did something today I haven't done in a long time...

My dog-eared copy
I dog-eared a paperback.

Let me explain why this is a big deal (at least for me).

I don't buy paperbacks much anymore. Ever since I got my first iPad a few years ago, I haven't really felt the need to spend $8.99 on a paperback when the ebook is available for $2.99 and I can read it or a dozen others on my iPad without having to carry them all. But, for Christmas, my daughter gave me The Perks of Being a Wallflower to read since she knows I loved the movie and wanted to read the book. I don't' have a lot of time to read for pleasure like I used to but today, I decided to pick it up and keep it as bathroom literature.

Don't look at me like that! It's a place of honor for me as I spend the most quiet of times on the can these days and the previous book to hold such an esteemed honor was Michio Kaku's The Physics of the Future. I didn't dog-ear that one. I just kept a bookmark in it but I also co-read it on my Kindle app when I realized there were so many great quotes I wanted to share. This may happen with TPBW as well but for now, I was just happy to be able to dog-ear a book again.

I am usually the one to tell my friends not to dog-ear the pages or crack the spine of the books I lend them but my reading purist ways appear to have gone by the wayside in the face of a great read.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fun Facts About Me

My Favorite Reads of 2021

I Failed the Goodreads Challenge in 2018