What's In Your Playlist?



If you had to create a playlist that defines your expectation of the year, what would that be?

I have several playlists on my phone for different things: Christmas playlists both Spanish and English, Movie Soundtracks both instrumental and not, a writing playlist and two “mindset” playlists. These are the ones I turn to, to start my day or motivate me one way or another. 

In 2018, I created the "Abundant Life" playlist; a mostly gospel music list that reminds me to stay centered and live my best life, abundantly. 

For 2019, I've decided to stick with my “You Got This” playlist; a playlist I created on my 39th birthday and have been adding to every year through my 45th. It’s a playlist of empowerment and reflection all at once with lyrics that remind me to kick ass and remember who I am with songs like Undefeated by Jason Derulo, Rise Up by Andra Day, and He Lives In You by Lebo M from the Lion King Soundtrack. It’s a playlist I put on shuffle while driving, walking, doing laundry, working around the house. But it’s more than that. It’s a real snapshot of who I am and what I think of myself at this very moment.

Here’s the playlist:
1. Undefeated - Jason Derulo
2. Live It Up (feat. Pitbull) - Jennifer Lopez
3. Best Day of My Life - American Authors
4. I Really Want It - A Great Big World
5. Am I Wrong - Nico & Vinz
6. Story of My Life - One Direction
7. Can’t Hold Us - Pentatonix
8. It’s Time - Imagine Dragons
9. Live Your Life - MIKA
10. Relax, Take It Easy - MIKA
11. Cheerleader - Pentatonix
12. Try Everything - Shakira 
13. Rise Up - Andra Day
14. Sing - Pentatonix
15. Raise You Up / Just Be - Kinky Boots Full Company
16. He Lives In You - Lebo M
17. Almost There - Anika Noni Rose from The Princess and the Frog
18. Dig a Little Deeper - Jenifer Lewis from The Princess and the Frog
19. Misbehavin’ - Pentatonix
20. Great Spirits - Tina Turner from Brother Bear soundtrack
21. Welcome - Phil Collins from Brother Bear soundtrack 
22. On My Way - Phil Collins from Brother Bear soundtrack
23. Rise - Katy Perry
24. If I Ever Fall In Love (feat. Jason Derulo)
25. I Knew You Were Waiting For Me - George Michael & Aretha Franklin
26. Don’t Let the Sun Go Down on Me feat. Elton John - George Michael
27. This Is Me - Keala Settle & The Greatest Showman Ensemble
28. Fight Song - Rachel Platten
29. Confident - Demi Lovato
30. God Bless This Mess - Bon Jovi
31. We Weren’t Born to Follow - Bon Jovi
32. Blaze of Glory - Bon Jovi
33. What About Us - Pink
34. I Am Here - Pink
35. Praying - Pentatonix
36. Walls - Bon Jovi
37. Vivir Mi Vida - Marc Anthony
38. Girls Like You (feat. Cardi B) - Maroon 5
39. Granted - Josh Groban
40. You - A Great Big World

What are the songs or playlists that define you? 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fun Facts About Me

My Favorite Reads of 2021

I Failed the Goodreads Challenge in 2018